Pastor Appreciation Month: Day #8
October is Pastor Appreciation Month.
Take time today to express to your pastor how much he means to you.
The Plight of the Pastor
A true God-called pastor will continue to preach, teach and lead God’s flock even when he never receives any thanks, recognition, or compliments. It is amazing how many church members are misinformed of the responsibilities a pastor.
When a church seeks a pastor, they often want one who has:
The strength of an eagle,
The grace of a swan,
The gentleness of a dove,
The friendliness of a cat-bird,
The cheerfulness of a robin,
The assurance of a barnyard fowl,
The industry of a sparrow,
The patience of turkey-buzzards,
The night hours of an owl,
And when they catch that bird,
They expect him to live on the food of a canary.
How to Discourage Your Pastor:
1) Never attend a Sunday evening service or prayer meeting.
2) Go to church when its “convenient”.
3) Always come late and leave before he closes in prayer.
4) While he preachers, never give him your attention, but always whisper.
5) Acts cold to show your dignity.
6) Never appreciate his efforts.
7) Tell him what wonderful messages you have heard at other churches.
8) Criticize him before your family and children.
9) Don’t make him feel welcome in your home.
10) Accuse his wife of running things.
11) Never pray for him and never offer him help.
12) Always do the opposite of what he suggests.
13) Gather your support group together to oppose him in business meetings.
14) Never take your Sunday guests to hear him.
How to Get Rid of Your Pastor:
1) Look him straight in the eye when he is preaching and say “AMEN Preacher…Preach ON!”. He will preach himself to death in a few weeks.
2) Shake his hand, hug his neck and brag on his good points. He will soon work himself to death!
3) Increase your giving to the church so much that the Pastor will get a raise and a month’s vacation paid, your Pastor will go into shock and die.
4) Rededicate your life to Christ and ask your pastor if you can assist him in any way from now own. He will probably have a heart attack!
5) Have the church to unite in prayer for the preacher. He will soon become so effective that some larger church will soon take him off your hands.
If this post has blessed you in any way,
please share this website and its articles with others:
Dr. Blackman is passionate about helping others grow in the grace of the Lord. His devotions are centered on how to grow closer to the Lord through a personal relationship.