Celebrating and Sharing Christmas? (Matthew 2:10-11)
Matthew 2:10-11, “And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
A little boy came home from Sunday School. He was so excited about learning the Christmas story. Especially about the Wise Men who brought gifts to the baby Jesus. He was so excited that he had to tell his mother. He said, "I learned today in Sunday School all about the first Christmas. In fact, there was no need of Santa Claus. There wasn't a Santa Claus way back then, so these wise men had to deliver the toys”.
I learned comparing Santa Claus and the Lord Jesus.
· Santa lives at the North Pole. Jesus lives everywhere.
· Santa rides in a sleigh. Jesus rides on the wind and walks on the water.
· Santa comes once a year. Jesus is an ever-present help.
· Santa comes down your chimney. Jesus stands at your door of your heart and knocks.
· Santa fills your stockings with goodies. Jesus supplies all your needs.
· You have to wait in line to see Santa. Jesus is as close as the mention of His name.
· Santa lets you sit in his lap. Jesus holds you in His hands.
· Santa has a belly like a bowl of jelly. Jesus has a heart of love.
· Santa’s little helpers makes new toys. Jesus makes new lives.
· Santa puts gifts under your tree. Jesus became our gift and died on a tree.
The night heaven visited the earth, it wasn’t Santa Claus who came to town, it was Jesus Christ. Jesus came 2,000 years ago and the world has never been the same.
If “Christmas” is some material thing that you are dying for, then you will probably be disappointed, even if you get it. If, however, you are seeking the Christ of Christmas, you will never be disappointed. The true spirit of Christmas gives Christ His rightful place.
Prayer, Father thank You for sending us Your only begotten Son. Your gift was an eternal gift to the entire world. Help me to share the gift of Your Son Jesus with others. Amen.
If this post in any way, has blessed you,
please share this website and its articles with others:
Dr. Blackman is passionate about helping others grow in the grace of the Lord. His devotions are centered on how to grow closer to the Lord through a personal relationship.