30 Days of Thanks & Praise! Day #20 - Lord, Thank You for My Godly Wife (Proverbs 18:22)
Lord, Thank You for My Godly Wife (Proverbs 18:22)
Proverbs 18:22, “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.”
Christ is THE Friend which sticketh closer than a brother. A beautiful picture has been painted of the intimate fellowship of the Church and Christ when HE returns for her. Today I want to say thank you LORD for my wife, Joy. She is truly a work of art from the Hands of Almighty God, the Master Artist. I thank the LORD for allowing me to marry a wonderful person like her. I praise the LORD for her character, devotion, and integrity because it has both deepened and developed our marriage. I thank Him for a wife who shares 100% of her life with me. I thank the LORD that she fears HIM (Proverbs 31:30). I can honestly say, that HER NAME supersedes the value of both silver and gold (Proverbs 22:1).
Marriage can be illustrated in our relationship with the Lord. You know that anyone can love while living on the mountain peaks, but it takes grace to love someone and to remain in love with them while down in the valleys. It is easy for people love the LORD while the sun is shining, but when the dark clouds are overhead their love can begin to decrease and fade away. When the sailing is smooth, it is easiest to follow, but in the storms of life, it is easy for ones faith to begin to falter and hearts begin to grow cold. But true faith and loyalty in Christ keeps our hearts going, growing, and glowing with love for HIM even during the most difficult times of our life.
Thanks for loving me when I had Enemies and needed a True Friend! (Proverbs 17:17, 18:24)
You’ve never given me bad counsel. You’ve never betrayed me. You’ve always followed faithfully by my side when entering into “FOREIGN LANDS”. ha ha! You’ve always remained loyal to me when I was rejected by others.
Thanks for loving me when I was Erring and needed to hear the Truth Frankly! (Galatians 6:1)
In spite of my many faults and failures, you’ve been a faithful companion. You’ve loved and cared for me enough to give me the right advice even though I didn’t want to hear it.
Thanks for loving me when I was Empty (barren) and needed Tuned-Up Frequently! (Proverbs 27:17)
During those times in my life, you’ve always comforted me with fruitfulness and fulfillment.
I want to share a few things that I really love about her. This is a short list, for truly it could be much, much longer.
1. She’s godly. I love being married to a lady who loves the Lord with all her heart and allows her love for the Lord to flow into every other relationship and responsibility.
2. She’s shared the vision. She’s always accepted the Lord’s will for our lives, and she’s given her whole heart completely and in faith to allow the Lord to accomplish His vision for our lives and marriage.
3. She’s a wonderful wife.
I believe love in a marriage is strongest when you realize your spouse loves you in spite of who you are. This is how Joy loves me. Though I’ve often frustrated her, she looks beyond those frustrations and loves me faithfully, which has compelled me more than anything else to grow and ask God to make me the husband she deserves.
4. She’s a gifted secretary. Joy’s heart truly beats for the Lord, myself, and her church. She’s has so diligently given herself for over 23 years. Her sacrifice defies description.
5. She’s a faithful co-laborer. Whether it’s working in the school, counseling a teen girl, helping plan a youth activity, teaching a class, taking a group soulwinning, or just loving and embracing life in the ministry—she’s embraced my call as her own. It’s awesome to serve the Lord together.
6. She’s a talented home-maker. It’s an awesome experience to just come home to such a delightful environment. Her heart is in her home and for her family in an amazing way. Home truly is a special, delightful place.
7. She’s honest. She not going sugar-coat it. You’re going to know where and how she stands on issues.
8. She’s my joy—Acts 20:24. She is my help-meet.
9. She’s my best friend. We never get tired of spending time together, and when we’re apart, we’re counting the hours until we’re back together. Being with her is truly a joy in life. She’s made this husband one very blessed, very happy, and very well-cared for man.
10. She loves GOD more than she loves me. If this were not the case, then I would come between she and God.
To that end—I simply say, “THANK YOU LORD, FOR MY VERY BEST FRIEND!” Joy, you truly are the BEST!
If this post in any way, has blessed you,
please share this website and its articles with others:
Dr. Blackman is passionate about helping others grow in the grace of the Lord. His devotions are centered on how to grow closer to the Lord through a personal relationship.